Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tuesday - Chicken with Black Beans

I make this all the time and I never measure anything.  But it's so delicious and easy!  Here's my best attempt at the "recipe".

3 large chicken breasts
1/4 c. water
1 entire bottle of On the Border Medium Salsa (and yes, the kind of salsa matters)
1 can black beans
1 can corn
flour tortillas

In a large skillet, place 3 FROZEN chicken breasts, water, and the entire bottle of salsa.  Turn on low-ish heat and cover tightly.  Allow to cook 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Make sure your liquids don't burn off.  Add water if necessary.

After 40 minutes, the chicken will start to fall apart.  Help it along with a fork until it is shredded.  Then add your drained cans of beans and corn and heat through.

Serve on flour tortillas with sour cream.  And perhaps a margarita.  Or ten.

Enjoy! - Rita

1 comment:

  1. I picked this one for dinner tongith. It's kind of scary because I don't have the salsa. So, I used a can of rotel, a can of crushed tomatoes, a handful of cilantro, and a shot of pickle juice in the blender to make my "salsa". "Pickle juice?" you might ask. It was the closest thing I had to lime juice. UGH! Since I am using pinto beans and frozen corn, my version will probably taste like crap. Necessity is the mother of invention!

    ReplyDelete