Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sunday -- homemade pizza

This is one of my favorite have-all-the-stuff-in-the-kitchen meals.

You will need:

a pizza stone.  Seriously, you have to have one of these.
a package of pizza crust mix.  I prefer Martha White thin crust.
A jar of pizza sauce.  I buy the walmart brand.
tons o' mozzarella cheese.  The shredded, but not the fancy shredded type.
vegetables and/or meat

On the vegetables:  You can purchase frozen green bell peppers, onions, and sliced mushrooms.  I always have these.  I use them for spaghetti and pizza and breakfast casserole and they are fine.

On meat:  I purchase 5 lbs of hamburger meat at a time and cook it all at once. Then I freeze it in plastic bags to use quickly.  It's cheaper, saves me dishes, and it's fast.

So follow the directions on the pizza crust package.  Seriously, this is so good.  If you're feeling healthy and ambitious, fix a salad to go with.  If you are lazy like me and your children fear lettuce, then open a can of pineapple or something.

2 comments:

  1. Costco is loving me today. I bought five pounds of everything--whole chickens, chicken tenders, strip steak, NY steak, and hamburger. I took your cool idea and browned all 5 pounds of hamburger and am freezing it in 1 pound packages. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted one of those pizza stones. For baking cookies. We have one of those pizza places that puts the pizza together and you come home and pop it in the oven. Really good. Maybe I'd be inspired to make it at home with a pizza stone.

    ReplyDelete