Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thursday: The Best / Easiest Brisket Ever (with Cheesy Pecan Green Beans)

I grew up in love with my mom's brisket. She would start in in the morning, and by dinner time the whole house would smell like heaven. When I got the recipe from her a few years ago, I was...shocked.

Ingredients:
  • 5-6 pound boneless brisket
  • 1 jar Claude's Brisket Marinade - Look in the steak sauce section. Or order from the website. Totally worth finding!

Preparation:

Place brisket in crock pot fat side up. Pour entire jar of sauce over brisket, and marinate in fridge overnight. In the morning, transfer pot to electric unit, and turn on low. Use a turkey baster or brush to stir the juice up a bit. Cook all day on low - If you start it about 8:00, it should be perfect around 5:30 or 6:00. When the meat falls off with a fork, it's ready to go. If it's tough, keep cooking. Save leftovers for Saturday night!

Cheesy Pecan Green Beans:

  • 1 pound frozen cut green beans
  • 1/4 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded (or any mild white cheese)
  • 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 2 T. Brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
  • salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350.

Put beans in large skillet and cover bottom with water. Cover and cook until beans are tender, but crisp. Transfer to 9x13 baking dish.

In a small skillet, heat olive oil and saute onions. Add vinegar. Stir in brown sugar and pecans. Toss together until the pecans are lightly toasted and coated in the oil/vinegar mixture. Pour mixture on top of beans in baking dish. Top with shredded cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.

2 comments:

  1. I will look for the Claude's Sauce. I love green beans, I love pecans. Hmmmmm...I'll have to think about the combination for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had always made green beans with almonds. Over Christmas I had some pecans I needed to get rid of and found this recipe. I was a little skeptical, but they were really good!

    ReplyDelete