Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thursday -- Beef Stew

Pull out the crock pot again, friends.

You'll need:

About a pound of stew beef
Box of beef broth
red wine
celery
carrots
3-4 potatoes
onion
can of petite diced tomatoes (not drained)
can of corn, drained.
garlic
salt and pepper

Cut up carrots, celery, onion, potatoes and chunk in slow cooker.  Put in beef (Mine goes in frozen). Add can of tomatoes and can of corn.  add garlic.
put a splash of red wine in, then add beef broth until the top of the stuff is barely covered.
Covered, and cook for about 6 hours on low.  If your beef is frozen, occasionally break it up.

I serve this with Rhodes rolls as well.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't quite sure what part of the cow was stew meat, so I just bought the cheapest cut I could find. Is there a part of the cow that is designated "stew"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, cheapest cut you can find.
    I htink I usually use the top round, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete