Sunday, January 23, 2011

Friday - Spagetti Bolognese

Ok, this is one of my fallback meals. It's so stupidly easy that I'm not sure you can call it "cooking".  But my kids love it.  My husband loves it.  What more could you ask for?

First, brown your meat (about a pound of hamburger.  I buy the lean stuff because I have a large hiney.).

While the meat is cooking, add COPIOUS amounts of California Style Garlic Powder.  Like 2 or 3 TABLESPOONS.  Trust me on this.  Also sprinkle in about a teaspoon of crushed red pepper, but do NOT tell your husband (Because then he won't eat the spaghetti.  I know!  He's such a ninny!).

When photographing the spices, make sure they're completely out of focus. 


When the meat is browned, place it on a paper towel to absorb the grease.  Is this weird?  Am I the only person who does this?  If so, blame my mother.  This is how *she* always did it.

And then, pour some Prego with Fresh Mushrooms into a sauce pan.  STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!  Yes, I know this is cheating.  I KNOW!  Then drain a can of diced tomatoes and add THAT to the Prego (see there?  It's CUSTOMIZED now!).  Warm over medium heat. 


Um, boil noodles.  I figured that part was obvious.  I did NOT take a picture.

Serve with a ridiculous amount of Parmesan cheese, crusty french bread and a fresh spinach salad. 


Mmmm.  Good!

 - Rita





No comments:

Post a Comment