Friday, March 25, 2011

Thursday...a little late :)

Sorry for the delay....my mind is still foggy from Spring Break :)

Here is Thursday's Meal....SO GOOD and the best part about this is that you can freeze any or all...this is a great meal to take to a sick friend, or house with new baby, etc.... I have brought this to people and divided it up into Tupperware containers so they could freeze and bring out in single serve sizes, etc... And it only gets better after the freezer :) Yum

Sausage Vegetable Soup/Pasta

1lb sweet Italian Sausage(Johnsonville)
1 Lg onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic
3 14 1/2 oz cans of beef broth - or 43.5oz....yes I have a college degree but still have to really think about how much broth I need when i make this :)
2 141/2oz cans of diced tom - undrained....I usually add more b/c we like it with a little extra tom. but you can stick to the recipe if you like
8oz. can tom. sauce....and I usually add more to this part too :)
1 cup dry red wine....gee, what will I suggest here....pour yourself a glass too while you cook :)
2 carrots thinly sliced
1 Tblspoon sugar
2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
2 small zucchini
1 9oz. pack of cheese tortellini
1/2 cup of parm cheese

1. Brown sausage - don't forget to remove the casing.....i would have not done this if they did not tell me :)
2. add onion and garlic while browning the sausage....enjoy the yummy smell :)
3. if you have not poured your glass of vino....do so now
4. Stir in broth, and next 6 ingredients into a big stock pot and simmer for a bit - I usually brown the sausage in a skillet and then add it to the big stock pot - and i drain the sausage a bit too.
5. add tortellini and zucchini during the last 10 minutes.....BUT if you are going to make a big batch and freeze you can do so and just freeze with the tortellini in it as well....it works just fine when you re-heat.
6. serve with parm. cheese on top and some crusty bread....okay and a nice salad to round out the meal :) OH and I also use the whole wheat tortellini - YUM...just as good and makes me feel better :) but you can add any and all vegetables to this as it is so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment