Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break is over....Back to reality!!!


Okay, so this is my first blog/first post EVER and for the week....I am already impressed with myself as we are coming down from Spring Break....ROAD TRIP with two little ones (6 and 3) and now it's "time to make the donuts" :) back to reality of grocery store, making lunches, early bed time, shower time, picking out clothes, and the list goes on and on and on!!! BUT I am trying to get my post in before Sunday is over :)
SO...as I type my 6 year old daughter is yelling at me b/c (insert huge dramatic eye roll and sigh) she HAS to go ALL THE WAY downstairs to find a brush to brush her hair...I mean really...how does life get so rough for a 6 year old! :)
Okay, back to my dinner which was fab if I do say so myself and one of my fave's....especially since it is GRILLING time with this weather.
I forgot to take a picture until "after" the meal so I took a picture of the "ancient secret" to the secret recipe :)
Okay, here is the menu for tonight:
Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
Rice
Corn
Guacamole and Salsa
Grilled Shrimp....SUPER EASY and so yummy.
*Buy frozen bag of deveined and cleaned shrimp.
*Thaw
*Season in bowl with olive oil and a light coating of Tony's
*Grill in grill pan (the kind with the holes in the bottom) on grill for about 3 minutes per side. *You could also put these on skewers but the bowl is super easy.
*We also grill onions and tom....but forgot these at the store and really who is going to go back after you've endured the grocery store with BOTH your kids.
Guacamole and Salsa
*Stop by Mi Cocina on your way home (okay, you may have to have a frozen beverage as you will have to wait at the bar for your food....i mean really it's a sin not to) :) and pick up small order of guac and pint of salsa....YUM!
Serve with warm tortillas, rice and corn and TA-DA...the meal of champions!
(Now if you think my PICKIEST EATERS ON THE PLANET children ate this....wrong.....BUT I threw in some chicken nuggets for them and that just meant more shrimp for Drew and I) :)
Enjoy and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment