Sunday, March 13, 2011

Alli's Recipes for this week

I'm so glad to be a part of this blog!
And as you might guess by my ideas for the week, I'm no rock-star in the kitchen. So I'm just gonna share with you some easy recipe's straight out of some cook books that have been a hit with my family.
I might also preface by saying my husband is a SUPER picky eater as is my 2 year old. I am no health-guru but I do try to avoid eating and serving a bunch of junk. But for the sake of time, and to please the fussy eaters in my house, I do find I've been going for the quick fix, which is usually not nutritious.
 Therefore, let me introduce you to my new FAVORITE person: Jessica Seinfeld. She probably hates me though since I literally copied and pasted many of her recipe's into this blog.
Her cook book does recommend making a bunch of vegetable and fruit purees in advance. Ideas for that are listed below. But like I said, I'm no chef and couldn't care any less to find the time to spend in the kitchen so I tend to buy up baby food that is already pureed veggies in order to save time (costs more, but for me, time is money so it's a wash...plus I feed it to my 7 month old anyway, so it works for me).

Hope you enjoy this week's recipe ideas!
Thanks to all the contributors to this blog (especially Monica for coming up with this great idea) for helping me improve my culinary skills these past few weeks. My family is most appreciative!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I have that cookbook and may have to drag it out now that I don't have to steam, puree, and freeze all those veggies. It's time to buy more baby food instead!

    All of your recipes look great, and I can't wait to make all of them.

    ReplyDelete