Sunday, March 13, 2011

Monday: Mexican Hodge Podge

This is my helter-skelter recipe that I go to in a pinch. I thought I'd start off the menu list with this one to really impress you all with my kitchen artistry!

Lets say I made beef soft taco's a day or so ago and I have lots of leftover ground beef. My family isn't really jazzed about leftovers. So I turn that into what I like to call Mexican Hodge Podge. 

Take the ground beef (however much you've got), a can of Mexican corn (drained), dump some salsa, a handful of shredded cheese, maybe a drained can of Rotel (drained), a bag of Uncle Bens 90 second microwave Spanish rice and a dollop of sour cream and mix that all up in a bowl. 
Microwave and......Voila! Mexican Hodge Podge. 
It's really, really good.
(maybe a little high in sodium, but it's quick, easy and a crowd pleaser for sure)
You could Jessica Seinfeld it with some kind of veggie puree. But I'm gonna keep this one just the way it is for now!
I'd post a picture, but then you probably wouldn't make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment