Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Dinner

Is anyone going all out for their Valentine tonight?  Yep, not me!  Gone are the days that we battle the crowds by going to an actual restaurant on this over-rated holiday.  I got take out Vietnamese Pho and am making these yummy cakes (Fudge lover's cream cheese cake) my heart-shaped pan:


Wendy Poling is going all out on the calorie chart by making these chocolate covered cherries:

Does anyone else have a fabulous dessert they want to share for this lovely day?  

Also, as a side note, I really messed up the schedule and skipped a week.  Suzanne, who is charted for next week, is going to go ahead and post for this week.  Next week will be "Free for all", so anyone is welcome to share a recipe they might have forgotten or a link to their favorite food website.  And to think people trust me with their medications....I'm losing it!



1 comment:

  1. Not only did we NOT go to dinner....Drew (hubby) and I looked at each other and said....let's save the $4 on the card and just say Happy Valentines Day! HA! Ordered pizza from our favorite...Sienna!!! LOVE their pizza and we know them so well (gee maybe b/c we order once a week....) that they even keep our kids entertained when we decide to dine there. :) Love them! Anyway, pizza for all and my make-shift chocolate fondue....melted hershey kisses and a couple leftover chocoloate santas(yes you CAN freeze those if there are any leftover :) and we dipped graham crackers, marshmellows and pretzels :) Ahhhhhhh, some day the fancy dinners will return :)

    ReplyDelete