Monday, February 21, 2011

If He Only Knew Me...

Monica Pfaff, I want you!
...he would fall in love with me!  I'm speaking , of course, of Alton Brown (AB from here on out).  What's not to love about him? Nerdy, adorable, and he loves to cook.  AB is the sexiest scientist chef around!



Do you and your hubby have that one "exception" to the no-cheating rule?  You know, if given the chance to "be with" any celebrity, who would it be?  Bryon's is Natalie Portman (it's a Star Wars thing, I think).  AB is my top choice, but my definition of "be with" is to hang out in the kitchen and watch him cook and crack jokes.

Hey there, Sexy, I just love your kitchen!
Funny thing is that I was looking at AB's top 100 recipes on foodnetwork and realized I hadn't cooked any of them.    The thing about his show, though, is that it is more about the science behind the food and less about great recipes.  So, when Modern Family and Glee have ended for the season, add Good Eats with AB on the foodnetwork to your Tivo.  Just a warning,  you might just fall in love!

Where are you, My Love?


And on a random note, this is my all-time favorite cookbook.  Do you ever go to make something, i.e. a boiled egg,  and realize you have NO clue what to do.  It's too embarrassing to call my mom and ask, so good ol' Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook has saved me several times.  Plus, I've never had a failed recipe out of it.  Calf Fries to Caviar is another one that gets used a lot in my house.  It's a classic Texas Panhandle must-have.  Too bad it is now $51 new on amazon!  

So, time to fess up!  Who is your "exception" and what is your favorite cookbook?

1 comment:

  1. Kind of the Bill Nye of cooking. I love to watch him, too!

    ReplyDelete