Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rice A Roni, The Irving, Texas Treat

Since this week is open, I thought I might just post a quick recipe for what we are having tonight.  Sandra Lee (UGH...that woman is the most annoying person on FoodNetwork...) swears by using Rice A Roni for a lot of her recipes.  I used her idea and came up with my version of Fried Rice.  Here goes....

1 Box Rice A Roni, fried rice flavor
2 eggs, scrambled
some frozen peas
1 pound peeled raw shrimp
some greek seasoning ( I like Cavenders)


Prepare Rice A Roni as directed on box.  Meanwhile, sprinkle Cavenders over raw shrimp.  Saute shrimp in about 1 TBSP of butter (or olive oil if you are feeling healthy).  When rice is done, add frozen peas.  Make a well in the center, and pour in the eggs.  Stir them around until they are cooked.  Add cooked shrimp and enjoy.
Don't get the 12 pack...this was the only image I could quickly find...
Not bad for 15 minutes worth of prep...

No comments:

Post a Comment