Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Salads Part 2

While I love the idea of eating salmon, I'm not a huge fan of it.  But, since Dr. Oz tells me it helps to ward off alzheimer's, I force myself to eat it every now and then.  This salad wasn't too bad, and my husband loved it.  The original recipe was one I found in Rachael Ray's "30-Minute Get Real Meals".

Added a pic just because...ha!
Smoked Salmon with Crushed Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette


6 eggs
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons EVOO
8 slices "good quality" smoked salmon (whatever that means....ha!)
1 bag spring lettuce mix
1/4 cup fresh herb of your choice (recipe=parsley, monica=cilantro)
1/2 English cucumber, diced (you know--the one wrapped in plastic in produce)
1 1/2 Tablespoons chopped green olive or capers

Boil eggs (cover w/water, bring to boil, turn off heat, cover, let sit for 10 minutes, drain, peel, blah, blah, blah).

Make dressing by placing sliced tomatoes in bowl.  Add vinegar, EVOO, salt and pepper.  With a fork, crush tomatoes a bit.

Combine lettuce, fresh herb, cucumber, and olives in bowl.  Toss with crushed tomato dressing.

Place two slices salmon on plate.  Top with tossed salad.  Add a quartered boiled egg to top.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment